Negotiations with Sooronbay Jeenbekov, President of the Kyrgyz Republic, in the expanded format
During the talks, under consideration were the issues of bilateral economic agenda, prospects for joint work in the field of using digital technologies, as well as the matters in the field of water and energy cooperation.
Nursultan Nazarbayev expressed satisfaction with the results achieved on actualization of the Road Map endorsed by the Cabinets of the two states, and focused on the importance of continuing this work.
- The Road Map consists of measures requiring a certain amount of time and effort. In this regard, the governments of our countries are instructed to ensure the quality and consistent implementation of each item of this important document, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State separately dwelt on expanding bilateral trade and noted the need to increase mutual trade to $ 1 billion by 2020.
At the same time, Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed Kazakhstan’s crucial role as one of the key investors of the Kyrgyz economy and noted the importance of creating favourable conditions for investments.
-With a view to improving investment cooperation and boosting trade and economic relations, we have discussed the possibility of creating a Business Council of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan that will strengthen direct contacts between economic entities of our countries, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The sides also paid attention to the water and energy cooperation. In particular, they reaffirmed the commonality of the water resources of transboundary rivers for all countries of the region.
In addition, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the importance of ensuring regional security and cooperation within the framework of international organizations.
In turn, Sooronbay Jeenbekov invited the President of Kazakhstan to pay an official visit to the Kyrgyz Republic, within which it is planned to hold the next meeting of the highest interstate council of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
- Kazakhstan is one of the main trade partners of Kyrgyzstan. In this regard, we attach great importance to the implementation of the Road Map for bilateral economic cooperation, as well as cooperation in border, transport, phytosanitary, veterinary control, customs and tax administration, the President of Kyrgyzstan said.
Sooronbay Jeenbekov also congratulated Kazakhstan on being elected as the UN Security Council’s non-permanent member and wished successful upcoming chairmanship in this important international institution.
During the visit, a number of bilateral documents have been inked, which are aimed at bringing the bilateral multifaceted cooperation to a qualitatively new level and completing the international legal registration of the state border:
- Joint Statement of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the President of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Agreement on the state border demarcation;
- Agreement on the state border regime.
Speaking to the reporters, the sides expressed satisfaction with the results of the talks and expressed confidence that the current visit would open new horizons for the further development of comprehensive cooperation between the countries.